Ford ids windows 7 64bit is confirmed no issues to use. Ford vcm2 ids v101/ v100 is confirmed to can be installed with or without a VMware player. For details, here you go.
How to install Ford IDS 101.01 on Windows 7 64bit VMware: (user solution)
Use win7 x64 and run vmware like Scott says… its tip top
install 91.01 at any date, However if you update to 101 then the date need to be just after release date of 101.01 which i read is 22/06/2016 so 29/06/2016 should be o.k
run ids 91.01 to make sure you got the 3days .
then install 101.01
now install calibration files
then setup and update you vcmii
then install deepfreeze
reboot but go to bios and put clock 1hour back , now boot to windows
if done right should good to go.
How to setup Ford IDS 100.01 on Virtual machine with Windows XP: (by professionals)
- install VMware
- install Windows XP Professional and VMware Tools
- reset date and time on on VMware
- install Calibration
- install ids-v91.01_full
- check if IDS-91.01 is successfully installed or not
- install VCMII Driver
- Install the software for USB Serial Converter
- Install the software for USB Serial Port
- diagnosis with IDS 100.01
Demo: Ford vcm2 ids 100.01 VMware installation
How to install VCM2 IDS software without VMware:
- Set date in bios on 6.august 2015
- Fresh install WIN7
- Install calibration file 81
- Install IDS v86 driver
- Reboot computer
- Reboot computer
- Connect VCM and start it
- Write you about licence to continue
- Pop up message about 3 days expiration licence,
- Close all & unplug VCM 2 diagnostic scanner
- Install Mazda IDS software 99 version
- Plug in VCM II and start the program to test for diagnostics/ programming.
- If all is ok, then turn off IDS, unplug VCM & install freeze software
ALL IS OK.
Ford vcm2 ids installation FAQs:
Q: i get error that licence is out of date. but vcm is pound in pc. lights is on
A: This is because your version of IDS doent match you computers date!
try changing to the right date,and check if it works!
Q: How to know what date must be. tried to backup date 3 days. but same error
A: If you already installed IDS in your system you will find it hard to get any amount of days now in the same machine without reinstall windows unless use vmware .
Q: can anyone help install ids? share working one.
A: You will not find one to work on windows xp32bit unless you install native
However because you already tired in that Xp system , you will need to Wipe that HDD and completely reinstall windows to install ids again there, UNLESS You install only version 86 IDS
i think you should change your system to 64bit so you can use one of the many vmware that are in the forum or just install version 86 native where you are now
IMPORTANT TIP- especially for beginners
It is time-consuming for Vcm2 ids software installation. It takes 1-2 hour(s). Also, it’s kind of difficult to install ids for running no issues.
With VCM2 clone units like Ford IDS V101 (SP177) and IDS v100 (SP177-C, SP177-C1, SP177-C2), you need install IDS software on your own, shown as below