MB Star SCN Coding offline/online (FAQs)
Part 1: Basic info you should know
scn coding meaning:
Software Calibration Number coding, short for SCN coding is intrudes by MB around 2005. It replaced the previous coding technique with a centralized and almost automated technique to prevent incorrect coding being selected when replacing a module.
scn coding service:
Can be done online or offline
xentry offline scn coding activation service:
mB scn coding software:
You should have working XENTRY/DAS (crack ok).
For old MB (-2009), you should have software version 12.2016 or earlier:
For new MB(2009-2017), you should have software version 03.2017 or newer:
scn coding calculator:
Forget it if you find it on some forums. Usually it is a fake program, it will never calculate the SCN string.
mB coding forum:
Part 2: mB scn coding offline/online FAQs
Which version for MB OFFLINE SCN coding? And which for ONLINE coding?
For OFFLINE coding, you should have old versions before 12.2016.
For ONLINE coding, use new XENTRY/DAS after 03.2017
What should i have for SCN coding to my MB?
Star diagnostic tool (sd connect c4 better, a HQ clone also ok)
XENTRY/DAS (original, or crack version have been tested!!)
Account of Scn coding service
What models (and the year) for SCN coding?
You can have NEW MB for ONLINE coding, while pre-2009 models for OFFLINE coding.
Online & offline coding can be done with different server data. Online scn coding uses data from the MB dealer; it’s original.
I have a 2017 model. Can i have it do offline coding?
No. 2017 new models can be worked though offline coding, with post-2017.3 Xentry/DAS.
When should i have SCN coding?
- Check engine light on
2. Transmission gets stuck in 1 gear. If your have trouble with transmission, there is a good chance that the problem is with you ME control unit and that SCN coding is needed to resolve the issue.
3. Turn the engine and it on again
Can you give me a coding account? Or where to buy?
For OFFLINE scn coding, pls. go to http://www.obd2diy.fr/wholesale/setting-up-offline-mode-in-latest-das-941.html it’s xentry offline scn coding activation service
For ONLINE scn coding, you should buy online service (if you have an online account, it’s ok also.):
1.Place an order on the online coding service.
2.Contact our online customer service to process this online coding.
3.Prepare MB STAR C3/SDConnect C4, car, laptop and teamviewer.
4. Select the car model and programming system (eg, headlight XALWA-L)
5.Select CONTROL unit adaptations
6.Choose offline program (CONTROL MODULE PROGRAMMING) then (SCN coding)
7.Provide us your teamviewer User ID and password.
8.Login server (DALMLER)
9.Login server and finish SCN coding automatically
How to do online scn coding service with Xentry/DAS 2017?
(works for new MB the 2017 year)
Here is the online SCN coding guide.
- Configure MB STAR:
Come to “SDnet Control” menu>> Configuration >>Network: workshop cable network>> Place a checkmark next to “Automatically obtain IP address”
- To check the active Internet connection, select Star Browser. The registration window for the after-sales platform should open. Enter the Service Name and password if request.
- Connect MB STAR diagnostic system with vehicle
- Start STAR DAS software program
- Select Benz model and make: Vans>>V-Class >>Sprinter>>Model designation>>Vehicle recognition. If the vehicle is not recognized, enter the required data manually (e.g. Germany, Rest of World)
- Entry for retrofits and modifications – Select “Online” (“networked Star Diagnosis device”)
- Change or enter the vehicle equipment codes: + ED5 (PSM installed), – ED8 (PSM preinstallation).
NOTE: If the vehicle does not have a preinstallation (ED8), ED8 does not need to be changed to ED5.
- Run a Quick test
9. Come to the EIS (electronic ignition starter switch) control unit>> Control unit adaptation >>SCN coding >>Select the “Online (networked Star Diagnosis unit)” menu option
- SCN coding will start automatically (visible on the progress bar on the screen). Please strictly follow the STAR diagnostic software instructions. Otherwise the control unit may be destroyed during the coding procedure.
- When the system display a comment “The coding variant has been changed”, the SCN coding is completed. The parameterization has been completely taken over in the EIS and is thus finished.
How to get mB scn coding offline with Xentry/DAS 2015 (or earlier)?
(used for MB vehicles pre-2009)
Preparation: activation ID
- After you install the software, you will see below program, send us the correct ID on the upper left corner (marked red circle). Do not send the ID in windows box.
2. Open upper left corner icon, you will see the correct ID:
3. Copy the ID and send it to us. We will resend you a license.
- Extract the license and run it directly. Then the software will be ready for use.
- A) Determine vehicle data for offline SCN coding from the vehicle.
- Select control unit in DAS.
- Select menu item “control unit adaptations” or “initial startup”.
Continue with “F3”.
- Select menu item “SCN coding”. Continue with “F3”.
- Select “Offline (STAR DIAGNOSIS device not-networked)” menu item. Continue with “F3”.
- Confirm note on sequence of SCN coding with “F2”.
- Completely fill out fax form and click “F11” to print out.
NOTE:If an email address is entered in the fax form, you will be sent the SCN coding data per email. If a fax number is entered in the fax form, you will be sent the SCN coding data per fax.
- Send printed out fax form to the given fax no. for the Star Diagnosis Help Desk.
- B) Perform SCN coding. The coding is performed with the SCN coding data from the Star Diagnosis Help Desk.
NOTE: If the SCN coding data are received per email, burn the data to a CD or save the data on a USB removable storage device and identify accordingly. Unpack the Zip files first when doing so.
- In the DAS, choose the “Step 2: Perform SCN coding” menu item. Continue with “F3”.
9.1 Select keyboard input using “F4”.
For SCN coding data per fax.
9.2 Insert CD or connect USB removable storage device.
For SCN coding data per email.
10.1 Enter SCN coding data manually into the DAS.
For SCN coding data per fax.
10.2 Confirm using “F3” and import the data per CD or USB removable storage device.
For SCN coding data per email.
11 Perform SCN coding.
- Switch ignition on/off.
Control unit specific, refer to specification in DAS.
- Press “F11” to print out the order log and enclose the repair order.
NOTE: The order log can also be stored on the DAS. This is done by clicking on “F11”, “Print to file”, selecting “printout of test step” and entering a file name. In StarUtilities, the StarPad program can be used to display and printout the order log at the “Logs” menu item.
- Continue with “F2”.
NOTE: The SCN coding of the control unit is completed. Scrap the CD following successful SCN coding as per the guidelines for theft-relevant parts (DTR 69/00). The scrapping process is to be documented on the repair order. The data on the USB removable storage device are to be deleted properly once they have been used.