Finally I’ve done it after many attempts. Have installed Ford IDS V86 and JLR SDD V138 on a laptop and get it work with one VCM2 clone unit.
First of all, You need an Notebook (not an Intel Atom based Netbook or sth.) the best choice will be IBM/Lenovo X60/X61 with at least 1.6GHz CPU (better dual core) and 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD. You also need Windows XP Professional (I prefer SP3 PL), it must be Professional (because of network purposes).
First of all we need to prepare the HDD. Let’s make it 3 partitions:
e:\ the rest ( about 17000mb)
FIRST OFF ALL: CHANGE THE SYSTEM DATE TO MAY 2013 !!!
1. Install Windows XP Professional on C:\ drive (just like usuall).
2. Install all drivers (VGA, Sound, Lan, WLAN and others)
3. Install Windows XP Professional on D:\ drive (in instalation proces make it installing on D:\)
4. Install all drivers (VGA, Sound, Lan, WLAN and others)
5. After restart we have a boot menu, 1. from the top will be XP From D:\, second C:\, choose second.
6. As the system loads go to “My Computer”-> click right mouse “Properties”-> to to “Advanced” card and on the bottom “Start and recovery” click on “Settings”
7. A new window will be shown. From “System start” click “Edit” it will open the boot.ini in notepad
8. In this file You’ll have sth like:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS=”MS Windows XP Professional” /noexecute=option /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=”MS Windows XP Professional” /noexecute=option /fastdetect
You have to change it to:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=”JLR SDD v138.02 (C)” /noexecute=option /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS=”IDS Ford v86.01 (D)” /noexecute=option /fastdetect
So it will be easier to choose the proper Windows at the beginning
So for this moment we have 2 XP’s on one PC
1. C:\WINDOWS (for Jaguar and LandRover)
2. D:\WINDOWS (for Ford and Mazda)
9. Reboot system, and choose D:\ (Ford).
10. Install v81 Calibration data to IDS (i prefer this one:
Ford IDS 86.01A: (Pass: mhhauto.com)
Calibration files: (Pass: mhhauto.com)
TIPS: First unnistall older versions of ids
Disconnect the internet to install
After install restart
Do the patch and restart again
Tested and worked 100% in windows XP x32
* If links above don’t work, try this:
https://mega.nz/#F!jlEznS5T!RUFpBlVz3Tx6MjStcyoFYg!SolB0aIZ (BIG THANKS to fantomel)
- Reboot system, again choose D:\ (Ford)
12. Install Ford IDS (from same link as Calibration) and reboot !
13. Install P**** (depending which type of unit You have: Genuine Rotunda or 1:1 cl*n.e, non 1:1 cl*n.e or FLY) and reboot.
14. Connect VCM and check if works (it should run).Now we have Ford running (V86.01A with Calibrations), time to install JLR SDD.
15. Restart system and start C:\ (JLR)
16. Install SDD_DVD138_FULL.exe (after install reboot)
17. Install VFD_J_DVD138_V5.exe (after install reboot)
18. Install VFD_L_DVD138_V5,exe (after install reboot)
19. Install SDD_DVD138.02.exe (after install reboot)
20. Install SPA_DVD138_V2.exe (it’ll install in background)
21. Unpack the “JLR138 Lic**se Soft.ware” archive
22. Copy files to C:\ and run “JLRP***h_EN.exe”
After it shows Done/Success it’s done.
You may run JLR SDD.
Note that JLR SDD v138.xx works until september 2014r. !!!
So the system time and date should be earlier. Also make the system time not to update by itself !!!
The next update
v139.00 – Released: 12.08.2014
v139.01 – Released: 14.08.2014
v139.03 – Released: 28.08.2014
v139.05 – Released: 25.09.2014
v139.06 – Released: 13.10.2014
v139.08 – Released: 23.10.2014
Te actual verions can be downloaded from JLR IDS Central:
If you fail to Ford IDS V86 and JLR SDD V138 on a laptop for VCM2, go to the easiest way- spend some pennies with a VCM 2 Wifi For Ford, LandRover and Jaguar 2 in 1:
http://www.obd2diy.fr/wholesale/vcm2-diagnostic-tool-for-ford-land-rover-jaguar.html (Ford IDS 100 & JLR SDD 142 in one VCM2: 100% Works Perfect)
For JLR SDD v142 in VCM2:
- Program new keys
- DPF Regeneration
- Bleeding from the brake
- Injector coding
- Automatic Vehicle Recognition
- New Re-flash Software for Existing Computers
- Duties of all other brokers
- Steering angle to reset
- Troubleshooting guide
- Read and clear Diagnosis Error codes (DTC)
- Set, correct or remove GoverNonrs speed
- Direct data stream with recording and playback Main computer functions
- The VCM2 for Land Rover connects directly to the vehicle OBDII (Diagnostic) connector and then to a laptop via a USB cable for use with SDD.
- Once the DLL files are loaded J2534, this product will use normally with the JLR SDD Diagnostic tool.
- The device is designed as a pass-through communication communication device that can be used for the majority of Diagnostic JLR SDD applications.
- Only SCP communications are possible with this unit.
- Programming and installation of new ECUs (PCM, ABS, instrument harness, Air Bag, fuel pumps, etc.)
For Ford IDS v100 in VCM2:
- Programming & Installation of new ECUs (PCM, ABS, Instrument Cluster, Air Bag, Fuel Pumps, etc.)
2. Live Data-stream with Recording & Playback Functions for Main ECUs
3. Read & Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
4. Set, Adjust or Remove Speed Governors
5. Automatic vehicle recognition
6. New Software Re-flash for Existing ECUs
7. All Other Dealer Functions
8. Steering Angle Resets
9. Guided Fault Finding
10. New Program Keys
11. DPF Regeneration
12 Brake Bleeding
13. Injector Coding
Hope it would be helpful for anybody.
BIG THANKS to Maciej