Diagbox v7 Windows 7/XP Install + Tests on Peugeot
I finally have a Lexia 3 chinese interface working with diagbox 7.02….or rather partially working.
Win 7 Pro 64 bit with a Windows Virtual PC/Windows XP Mode installed.
(Windows Virtual PC and XP mode are free for various versions of Win 7, just installing it on Win 7 will bring up diagbox, but it will just get stuck on the « selection of Application » screen with the Diagbox and PP2000 buttons, and clicking either one will go straight back to that screen).
Vehicle 1 : Peugeot 406 wagon, RFR Engine, AL4 Auto, 08730 DAM.
With much plugging and unplugging of the USB cable, followed by Attaching the USB in WINXPmode, I have managed to get the following results (on a good run) from the Global Test
NFF = No Fault Found, ENR = The ECU has not replied
BSI Nouvelle 406 Bsi Siemens – NFF
Multifunction display, Nouvelle 406 AMF – NFF
Instrument Panel, Nouvelle 406 combine VDO – NFF
Air Conditioning ECU, Nouvelle 406 Clim D9 – NFF
Engine ECU – ENR!
ABS – ENR!
Airbag – ENR
Auto – ENR!
With more unplugging, I can interrogate and activate the features of the Multifunction Display, Instrument Panel, and AC ECUs.
The process for getting it to read is unplug the USB cable, plug back in (dingdong for Win 7 to recognise) Select USB unknown device in XP mode, – unidentified device – attach). and then try read…. rinse and repeat!
Vehicle 2: Peugeot 306R
I also have access to a Peugeot 306R with DAM 08291 nearby to play around with, and a citroen evasion and another 306 can be made available.
Or should I set up a dedicated 32bit XP pro computer….
I dug out an old XP desktop and installed Diagbox v7.
Same results on a global ecu test with no response from engine, gearbox etc ecus.
After continued investigation I believe that there may be a fault in the OBD cable for the tool, or it is just really picky about how it is held.
What works on both XP and Win7/XP Mode is
(a) start diagbox with tool plugged in
(b)unplug and replug tool
(c) start PP2000
It works best if it collects the VIN at this point.
Global Test allows access to only some ECUs as listed above.
Test by ECU allows access to all ECUs.
Process I have had to use for Test By Ecu is
1. Select ECU, eg Engines/Auto –> Auto –> AL4
2. Msg Screen – Switch on ignition, connect portable to C001.
3. Unplug the OBD plug
4. click okay
5. Diaglog Box pops up – Interrogating the ECU – Check – connect the equipment and switch on the ignition
6. Plug in the OBD plug – Dialog Box disappears
7. System ID – reading the ECU msg screen
8. The ECU has not replied screen.
9. Press back up button to go to step 2.
10. repeat ‘n’ times
11 Finally get ECU menu screen.
Hopefully I can get this working better!