How to Solve Communication Loss Renault Can Clip Alliance VI (926573)
This is a issue and solution of Can Clip Renault Alliance VI (926573) communication loss.
I want to share the positive results of the improvements made.
The disease of the new series is frequent breaks in communication.
I have this kind of photo 1.
RF INTERFERENCE DUE TO POOR HIGH-FREQUENCY ISOLATION IN THE 5 V SUPPLY CIRCUIT.
Analyzed and made sure that the problem is only in the CAN board.
- By replacing the boards with an ideally working Clip, it is confirmed that the defect is in the CAN board.
- The current consumption of the Clip is measured in different modes of the Kan Clip program. Measurements on the table – only 12v power is connected to the OBD2 connector of the Clip.
- The output voltages of the sources 12b, 5c, 3c are measured – they correspond and are stable in different modes.
- After connecting = 140Ma
- At the request of VIN = 190Ma
- When scanning multisets = up to 190Ma
- In the monitoring mode = 140Ma
- In the sleep mode (one green LED flashes) = 90mA
And, that in the sample probe, that in the probe with the termination of the connection – the currents are the same !!
At the time of termination of the connection (ON Clip does not see Alliance VI)
- Current = 140mA – as in the monitoring mode.
- All RF voltages on quartz resonators are presentwithout any amplitude changes.
- All the voltages of the stabilized sources are normal.
In this case, the percentage of CAN of the board issues a command « the connection with the Alliance probe » was lost and, interestingly, the computer does not lose the probe !
This is evident in – System Properties-Device Manager – 1B-Alliance Vehicule Communication Interface !!!
To restore communication with the probe, you need to turn the power on and off on it and restart the Clip software. Some kind of chip is hanging ! It looks like a processor.
The condenser is necessarily ceramic! For good shunting of high frequency interference.
Intensity of clippings Clip has significantly decreased!
In the course of several hours of work – two short-term connection breaks.
While made on KR142EN5A ,
it has Uout = 5V, Istab = 3A at Uin = 7.5-15V.
Important: 12v on the KREEN only directly, with the OBD, with internal wiring in the OBD cable clip.
And with the placement of KREEN on 3 wires – a field for everyone’s creativity 🙂 It is possible outside the aluminum casing – for lazy ones, it is possible with a plate-radiator, inside, on the board.
To whom- how convenient
The network already had a similar solution with one significant difference, according to their version: » In the course of time, manufacturers from China began to replace certain elements with similar parameters, and the power of this source was not enough. » The first symptom is falling off over USB. »
And the solution is to replace the DC-DC converter.
Boris’s decision is fundamentally different, albeit similarly externally.
Comment from myself : I assume that « a strong RF pick-up from the PWM 5v CAN board to the nodes of the Clip schema » is a consequence, and the reason is that somewhere the track is not finished and which element instead of eg the earth « hangs » in the air, or is not sealed of that denomination (there are plenty of such cases).
Indirectly confirms this theory that a break in communication can be achieved by touching a pyat in the region of the shim on the back of the board.
The Chinese also « experiment » with the converter, but the cliffs have not gone anywhere …