Autel Elite MD802 vs. Foxwell NT622 scanner
Which is a better scanner for European car models, Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802 OBD2 scanner or Foxwell NT622 code reader? Check the comparison table below:
|Item||Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802||Foxwell NT622 AutoMaster Pro|
|Vehicle year||1996 up||2012/2013 models|
|Vehicle Type||OBD1, OBDII cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks||OBDI and OBDII cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks|
|Function||10 Test Mode
Read / Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame,I/M Readiness, O2 Mon. Test, On-Board Mon.Test, Component Test and Vehicle Information, Data Stream
|10 Test Mode
Clear DTCs, Live data, freeze frame data, Merges PID graphs, Retrieves ECU information, component test, O2 sensor,
|Update||Update online (First year free update, later 130USD/year.)||Software update|
|Warranty||One year Warranty||One year Warranty|
|Vehicle model (Europe)||Nissan, Nifiniti, Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Honda, Acura, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Isuzu, Hyundai, Kia, Daewoo, Mazda, Holden, Benz, Smart, Sprinter, Maybach, BME, Mini, VW, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Opel, Landrover, Jaguar, Volvo, Porsche, Saab, EU Ford, Vauxhall, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, Dacia, Fiat, Abarth, Afla-Romeo, Maserati, Lancia||Audi, BMW, EU Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Maybach, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Opel, Porsche, Saab, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW, Bugatti, Bentley
|Price||(Full version) 258 Euro||240 Euro (European version, full version choose NT644)|
1) Both Autel MD802 and Foxwell NT622 perform similar functions.
2) Athough they share same price, Autel Elite MD802 covers more vehicle makes.
3) Autel MD802 asks more update cost after one year.
4) Autel MD802 scanner allows to print out data via printer.
5) Autel MD802 fits U.S more while Foxwell NT622 (or update version NT624/NT644) better fits European market.
1. The Foxwell NT622 that I purchased is for European Makes and models, excluding French & Italian. Since I only have a 2003 T1N Sprinter to work on, it saved me over $150 to get the European only model.
2. If you look at the screens for the Foxwell, they look identical to those of the Autel MD802. I’m guessing it may be a rebranded Autel. Also, Autel has pretty good US support. I may have some bias toward the Autel since I already own one, but it’s been solid for me.